Gujarat seeks 25 pc Central funding for Metro
New Delhi: The Gujarat government has
approached the Urban Development Ministry seeking 25 per cent
Central funding for the Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad Metro
Though the ministry has generally followed a model as per
which it provides 20 per cent of the cost project as financial
assistance, it was currently evaluating the Gujarat government
report, sources said.
As per the request, the state government and the Central
government could fund 25 per cent each while the rest 50 per
cent cost could be raised through loans or other sources.
The cost of the entire project was pegged at Rs 4304
crores as per the prices prevailing in 2004. The estimate is
Rs 9000 crores at current prices, the sources said.
The Gujarat government was not keen to adopt the Public
Private Partnership (PPP) model which the Urban Development
Ministry has endorsed for some of the projects in the past,
The Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board had initiated
the project planning exercise for Ahmedabad Metro Rail System
After the Detailed Project Report (DPR) was prepared by
DMRC, a steering committee was constituted by the Gujarat
government in 2008 under the chairmanship of the Principal
Secretary, Urban Development Department to expedite the
implementation of the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'