Gujarat to adhere Amul pattern, not that of Walmart:Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Monday told a visiting delegation of American
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India that the state would
adhere to Amul`s pattern in organised retail and would avoid
"Amul pattern has been successful in the organised
retail. Gujarat will adhere to it and avoid Walmart`s
pattern," Modi said, while explaining state`s stand on the
organised retail to the delegation here.
Modi had opposed Centre`s decision to allow FDI in
multi-brand retail saying that his stand was the same as
that of the party on the issue.
The Centre which sought to allow 51 per cent foreign
investment in the multi-brand retail, paving way for global
chains like WalMart, Carrefour and Tesco to open mega stores
in major cities, dropped the move in the wake of a political
uproar last week.
A 33-member delegation of ACCII headed by its
President Atul Singh on Monday called on Modi to explore business
opportunities in Gujarat.
The state government and ACCII will jointly create a
work plan in this regard, an official statement said.
During the meeting, Modi expressed the desire to make
India self dependant in the field of defence equipment
manufacturing and also outlined initiatives taken by the state
in setting up projects in maritime security.
Impressed with Gujarat`s CMs vision, the ACCII members
showed keenness in transferring technical expertise to Gujarat
in the field of defence equipment manufacturing, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!