Gujarat to pay compensation for Narmada land as per new rates
Ahmedabad: In a bid to hasten the land
acquisition for laying of canals of the Narmada dam project,
Gujarat government has decided to pay compensation to farmers
whose lands are being acquired as per new jantri rates.
Jantri, a benchmark rate to decide upon payable stamp
duty on registration of properties in the state, has been
recently increased by 30 to 50 per cent from the old rates.
"The state government has decided to give compensation as
per the new jantri rates to farmers whose land was acquired
before new rates` implementation in April this year. More than
55,300 farmers whose 10,183 hectare land was acquired earlier
will be compensated as per the new jantri rates," Health
Minister and Gujarat government spokesman Jaynarayan Vyas
Apart from this, the state government will pay 30 per
cent extra on the amount of compensation of the land acquired
as solacium, he said, adding that all the old land acquisition
as well as new will be eligible for this compensation.
"The government will have to face additional burden of Rs
770 crore with this decision," Vyas added.
Implementation of canal network of Narmada dam by the
Gujarat Government is way behind scheduled time limit and the
major problem cited for the delay is acquisition of land.
"This step is being taken so that canal work of Narmada
project is completed at the earliest and farmers will also get
better value for their land," Vyas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof