Gujarat tourism policy to offer sops for investors
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to make Gujarat a major destination for holidayers, the state tourism policy, to be announced early next year, will be offering several incentives for investors.
Apart from improving the infrastructure and amenities in the established spots around the state, the policy would aim at promoting private investments in a host of new destinations, including the coastline, Gujarat Tourism Commissioner Sanjay Kaul said.
"We are already providing incentives like power tariff concession. The tourism policy will be coming out with some more attractive incentives. We are working on the details," Kaul told during an interaction with hoteliers and tour operators here last evening.
The Gujarat Government had ambitious plans for tourism during the 12th plan period and was looking forward to investors from across the country and abroad to seize the opportunity, Kaul, also MD of Gujarat Tourism Corporation, said.
Coastal tourism had been identified as an area with vast potential for the state and the Planning Commission had sanctioned Rs 1200 crore for development of coastal tourism, he said.
The state also had identified a range of new spots covering various segments like eco tourism apart from spiritual tourism which had already been growing fast, he said.
The state`s tourism potential and the government`s policy initiatives would be showcased during the biennial Vibrant Gujarat Summit to be held next month in Gandhinagar.
The summit would provide an opportunity for the stakeholders to come and explore opportunities in the state, he said.
The "Kushboo Gujarat Ki" campaign, which has Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador, has greatly helped the strides made by tourism in the state in recent times, Kaul added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp