Gujarat tourism policy to offer sops for investors
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to make Gujarat a major destination for holidayers, the state tourism policy, to be announced early next year, will be offering several incentives for investors.
Apart from improving the infrastructure and amenities in the established spots around the state, the policy would aim at promoting private investments in a host of new destinations, including the coastline, Gujarat Tourism Commissioner Sanjay Kaul said.
"We are already providing incentives like power tariff concession. The tourism policy will be coming out with some more attractive incentives. We are working on the details," Kaul told during an interaction with hoteliers and tour operators here last evening.
The Gujarat Government had ambitious plans for tourism during the 12th plan period and was looking forward to investors from across the country and abroad to seize the opportunity, Kaul, also MD of Gujarat Tourism Corporation, said.
Coastal tourism had been identified as an area with vast potential for the state and the Planning Commission had sanctioned Rs 1200 crore for development of coastal tourism, he said.
The state also had identified a range of new spots covering various segments like eco tourism apart from spiritual tourism which had already been growing fast, he said.
The state`s tourism potential and the government`s policy initiatives would be showcased during the biennial Vibrant Gujarat Summit to be held next month in Gandhinagar.
The summit would provide an opportunity for the stakeholders to come and explore opportunities in the state, he said.
The "Kushboo Gujarat Ki" campaign, which has Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador, has greatly helped the strides made by tourism in the state in recent times, Kaul added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why