Gujarat tourism policy to offer sops for investors
Thiruvananthapuram: Seeking to make Gujarat a major destination for holidayers, the state tourism policy, to be announced early next year, will be offering several incentives for investors.
Apart from improving the infrastructure and amenities in the established spots around the state, the policy would aim at promoting private investments in a host of new destinations, including the coastline, Gujarat Tourism Commissioner Sanjay Kaul said.
"We are already providing incentives like power tariff concession. The tourism policy will be coming out with some more attractive incentives. We are working on the details," Kaul told during an interaction with hoteliers and tour operators here last evening.
The Gujarat Government had ambitious plans for tourism during the 12th plan period and was looking forward to investors from across the country and abroad to seize the opportunity, Kaul, also MD of Gujarat Tourism Corporation, said.
Coastal tourism had been identified as an area with vast potential for the state and the Planning Commission had sanctioned Rs 1200 crore for development of coastal tourism, he said.
The state also had identified a range of new spots covering various segments like eco tourism apart from spiritual tourism which had already been growing fast, he said.
The state`s tourism potential and the government`s policy initiatives would be showcased during the biennial Vibrant Gujarat Summit to be held next month in Gandhinagar.
The summit would provide an opportunity for the stakeholders to come and explore opportunities in the state, he said.
The "Kushboo Gujarat Ki" campaign, which has Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador, has greatly helped the strides made by tourism in the state in recent times, Kaul added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack