Gujarat varsity launches new courses for security job aspirants
Ahmedabad: In a bid to provide youth with better academic qualification in fields of counter-terrorism, anti-insurgency and cyber security, a city-based university has launched specialised courses for such career aspirants.
The Raksha Shakti university, set up in 2009 when Narendra Modi was Gujarat`s Chief Minister, has launched four new specialised courses this year in the field of prosecution, police administration, cyber security and police psychology for which admission process is underway.
The varsity, established by Gujarat government and approved by UGC, conducts certificate, diploma and degree courses in the field of police science and internal security.
These post graduate level courses, of 2-year duration each, are designed keeping in mind the present situation and challenges faced by forces, university`s Deputy Director General Vikas Sahay told PTI.
"In the masters level course of police administration, students will be taught different aspects of internal security, coastal security, terrorism, anti-insurgency tactics, etc. This course is designed for those who want to build a career in the domain of internal security," he said.
"Those who want to become expert in cyber security and preventive measures, they can opt for M.Tech in Cyber Security. For students having inclination towards psychology, we have launched the Masters in Police & Military Psychology course with the help of experts from Delhi-based Defence Institute of Psychological Research (DIPR)," Sahay said.
A one-year PG Diploma in Prosecution for practising lawyers and LLB students has also been designed.
"We have taken suggestions from renowned lawyers before finalising the course, which revolves around the entire process of how prosecution is done in any court," he said.
The university started in 2009 with a one-year Diploma in Police Science (DIPS) course. In subsequent years, three more courses were added in the field of police science, criminology and security management, Sahay said.
"To facilitate students of other states, all the courses will be taught in English. The admission process for all these courses has been started and ends on June 25," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'