Gujarat varsity launches new courses for security job aspirants
Ahmedabad: In a bid to provide youth with better academic qualification in fields of counter-terrorism, anti-insurgency and cyber security, a city-based university has launched specialised courses for such career aspirants.
The Raksha Shakti university, set up in 2009 when Narendra Modi was Gujarat`s Chief Minister, has launched four new specialised courses this year in the field of prosecution, police administration, cyber security and police psychology for which admission process is underway.
The varsity, established by Gujarat government and approved by UGC, conducts certificate, diploma and degree courses in the field of police science and internal security.
These post graduate level courses, of 2-year duration each, are designed keeping in mind the present situation and challenges faced by forces, university`s Deputy Director General Vikas Sahay told PTI.
"In the masters level course of police administration, students will be taught different aspects of internal security, coastal security, terrorism, anti-insurgency tactics, etc. This course is designed for those who want to build a career in the domain of internal security," he said.
"Those who want to become expert in cyber security and preventive measures, they can opt for M.Tech in Cyber Security. For students having inclination towards psychology, we have launched the Masters in Police & Military Psychology course with the help of experts from Delhi-based Defence Institute of Psychological Research (DIPR)," Sahay said.
A one-year PG Diploma in Prosecution for practising lawyers and LLB students has also been designed.
"We have taken suggestions from renowned lawyers before finalising the course, which revolves around the entire process of how prosecution is done in any court," he said.
The university started in 2009 with a one-year Diploma in Police Science (DIPS) course. In subsequent years, three more courses were added in the field of police science, criminology and security management, Sahay said.
"To facilitate students of other states, all the courses will be taught in English. The admission process for all these courses has been started and ends on June 25," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues