Gujarat VHP protests against Ayodhya yatra ban
Ahmedabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) activists held protests here on Monday against the Uttar Pradesh Government`s crackdown on the Ayodhya yatra.
VHP activists gathered outside the Collector`s office here and held a sit-in agitation to condemn UP government`s ban `84 Kosi Parikrama Yatra`.
They also condemned the massive crackdown by the administration yesterday as top VHP leaders, including Pravin Togadia, Ashok Singhal were among the 1,700 people arrested for defying ban.
Following their sit-in, the VHP activists also submitted a memorandum to the Collector Roopwant Singh.
"We have given a memorandum to the Collector to be submitted to President Pranab Mukherjee, in which we have complained about the high-handedness against the Hindus of the country," said General Secretary, VHP Gujarat unit Ranchhod Bharwad said.
"We have urged the President to do the needful to stop brutality against the Hindus," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why