Gujarat VHP protests against Ayodhya yatra ban
Ahmedabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) activists held protests here on Monday against the Uttar Pradesh Government`s crackdown on the Ayodhya yatra.
VHP activists gathered outside the Collector`s office here and held a sit-in agitation to condemn UP government`s ban `84 Kosi Parikrama Yatra`.
They also condemned the massive crackdown by the administration yesterday as top VHP leaders, including Pravin Togadia, Ashok Singhal were among the 1,700 people arrested for defying ban.
Following their sit-in, the VHP activists also submitted a memorandum to the Collector Roopwant Singh.
"We have given a memorandum to the Collector to be submitted to President Pranab Mukherjee, in which we have complained about the high-handedness against the Hindus of the country," said General Secretary, VHP Gujarat unit Ranchhod Bharwad said.
"We have urged the President to do the needful to stop brutality against the Hindus," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea