Gujarat VHP protests against Ayodhya yatra ban
Ahmedabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) activists held protests here on Monday against the Uttar Pradesh Government`s crackdown on the Ayodhya yatra.
VHP activists gathered outside the Collector`s office here and held a sit-in agitation to condemn UP government`s ban `84 Kosi Parikrama Yatra`.
They also condemned the massive crackdown by the administration yesterday as top VHP leaders, including Pravin Togadia, Ashok Singhal were among the 1,700 people arrested for defying ban.
Following their sit-in, the VHP activists also submitted a memorandum to the Collector Roopwant Singh.
"We have given a memorandum to the Collector to be submitted to President Pranab Mukherjee, in which we have complained about the high-handedness against the Hindus of the country," said General Secretary, VHP Gujarat unit Ranchhod Bharwad said.
"We have urged the President to do the needful to stop brutality against the Hindus," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured