Gujarat VHP protests against Ayodhya yatra ban
Ahmedabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) activists held protests here on Monday against the Uttar Pradesh Government`s crackdown on the Ayodhya yatra.
VHP activists gathered outside the Collector`s office here and held a sit-in agitation to condemn UP government`s ban `84 Kosi Parikrama Yatra`.
They also condemned the massive crackdown by the administration yesterday as top VHP leaders, including Pravin Togadia, Ashok Singhal were among the 1,700 people arrested for defying ban.
Following their sit-in, the VHP activists also submitted a memorandum to the Collector Roopwant Singh.
"We have given a memorandum to the Collector to be submitted to President Pranab Mukherjee, in which we have complained about the high-handedness against the Hindus of the country," said General Secretary, VHP Gujarat unit Ranchhod Bharwad said.
"We have urged the President to do the needful to stop brutality against the Hindus," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore
- US flight from New Orleans to Orlando makes emergency landing after engine fails
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why