Gujarat VHP protests against Ayodhya yatra ban
Ahmedabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) activists held protests here on Monday against the Uttar Pradesh Government`s crackdown on the Ayodhya yatra.
VHP activists gathered outside the Collector`s office here and held a sit-in agitation to condemn UP government`s ban `84 Kosi Parikrama Yatra`.
They also condemned the massive crackdown by the administration yesterday as top VHP leaders, including Pravin Togadia, Ashok Singhal were among the 1,700 people arrested for defying ban.
Following their sit-in, the VHP activists also submitted a memorandum to the Collector Roopwant Singh.
"We have given a memorandum to the Collector to be submitted to President Pranab Mukherjee, in which we have complained about the high-handedness against the Hindus of the country," said General Secretary, VHP Gujarat unit Ranchhod Bharwad said.
"We have urged the President to do the needful to stop brutality against the Hindus," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off