Gujrat: Amin accuses CBI of acting at behest of political higher-ups
Ahmedabad: An accused in the 2005
Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, NK Amin, has alleged
in his bail application that CBI has been acting at the behest
of the `political higher-ups` sitting in Delhi.
Amin said in the petition filed before the special CBI
judge here that the Chief Investigating Officer (CIO) of the
fake encounter case had `told` him that he is `innocent` but
is in jail as he was privy to information of the crime.
Suspended cop Amin, was termed as a key witness by the
CBI in their various submissions in the High Court and the
Supreme Court in the fake encounter case.
Amin further said that he was named as accused in the
CBI charge-sheet filed last year because he did not agree to
the CIO`s `unholy plan and malicious investigation` that
required depositing `sole untruth by way of statement in the
court or a letter to CIO as per his desire`.
Amin said that when he asked the CIO about him being
shown as an accused in the fake encounter case, despite the
former agreeing with his innocence, the CIO replied "`upar
vale ki suchana hai ki aiysa karo` (it is an order from the
higher-ups to do so) because "You did not follow the
instructions to hit our targets."
Amin said in the bail petition that the CIO `promised`
him that if he supported the CBI`s case then he would be made
Following this Amin filed an application for becoming
an approver in the case. But he was again `pressurised` by
the CIO to record confessional statement.
The former cop said in his application that he had in
possession `concrete proof` regarding the conduct of CIO and
was ready to produce the same at any time if required.
Citing numerous grounds for bail, Amin stated that
there was no case against him as he was arrested on the basis
of the statements of other accused and there was no evidence
He further said that neither was he present at the
time of Sohrabuddin`s encounter nor in Illol village where it
is alleged that Sohrabuddin`s wife Kausarbi`s body was burnt.
Citing medical grounds for bail, Amin said he was
suffering from blood pressure, diabetes and other diseases and
was receiving limited treatment in jail.
The application came up for hearing before special CBI
judge Jyotsna Yagnik today who adjourned the matter till April
26, after the probe agency sought more time to file a reply to
Amin`s bail plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla