Gulberg case: Court reserves order
Ahmadabad: A trial court in Ahmadabad on Wednesday reserved its order till March 03, on a petition filed by Zakia Jafri, to access the Special Investigation Team (SIT) report on Gulberg Society massacre.
Zakia Jafri is the wife of former Congress MP Ehsaan Jafri who was among the 69 people killed in the post-Godhra riots at the Gulberg Housing Society.
The SIT has, reportedly, given a clean chit to Modi and 56 others on the ground that there is no "prosecutable evidence" against them.
Earlier in the month, the court rejected pleas for copies of SIT report, saying a decision will be taken only after all related documents are submitted by the probe agency.
The Metropolitan court has also ordered the SIT to furnish the remaining documents related to the report which it had earlier submitted.
The report was submitted in a sealed cover to the court by the SIT on February 8.
The Supreme Court, which set up the SIT, had asked it to investigate whether there was a larger conspiracy behind the riots in which around 1,200 people were killed.
SIT questioned several people and filed the first report in the Supreme Court in which it reportedly gave a clean chit to Modi.
The apex court then asked senior lawyer Raju Ramchandran to independently assess the SIT report. On September 12, 2011, after going through Ramchandran`s report, the Supreme Court did not record any finding, but asked the SIT to submit its final report to the magistrate`s court in Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!