Gulberg case: SIT hands over its report to Zakia
Ahmedabad: The Supreme Court-appointed SIT on Monday handed over its voluminous report on the Gulbarg Society carnage to complainant Zakia Jafri, whose husband and ex-parliamentarian Ehsan Jafri was among 69 people killed during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in Gujarat.
Zakia had accused Chief Minister Narendra Modi and 57 others of alleged criminal conspiracy in the 2002 riots.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) report was handed over to Zakia in the court of metropolitan magistrate M S Bhatt here. The report has 68 volumes, 2,200 annexures, 25 CDs and 89-page index and runs into 541 pages.
The document also includes an independent report filed by amicus curiae Raju Ramachandran in this case.
The metropolitan court has now posted the matter for hearing on May 10.
During the last hearing, which was held on April 10, the court had directed the SIT to give its report, with all the related documents to Zakia before May 10. The court had also said that in the report, the SIT had given a clean chit to Chief Minister Narendra Modi and 58 others.
Zakia can now file a protest petition against the closure report given by the SIT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family