Gulberg case: SIT reports before appropriate court
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigation Team
(SIT) probing the 2002 Gulberg Society riot case on Tuesday told a
Special Court here that it would submit its reports to the
appropriate magisterial court as directed by the Supreme
The statement was made by investigating officer in the
case Himanshu Shukla in a written reply to the notice issued
by the court last week, while hearing an application by some
of the riots victim seeking directions for SIT to submit all
its reports related to Gulberg case to the special court.
Public prosecutor RC Kodekar after submitting Shukla`s
letter to Judge BJ Dhandha said that the Supreme Court had
directed SIT to submit all the reports before a competent
Advocate SM Vora representing the riot victims objected
to SIT`s statement and sought to file written objections with
regard to Shukla`s letter.
The court has scheduled the next hearing to hear
arguments by Vora in the case on November 9.
The Supreme Court on September 12 had refused to pass
any order on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s alleged
inaction to contain the 2002 Gujarat riots after the Godhra
carnage, as claimed by Zakia Jaffery, a victim of Gulberg
society, and referred the matter to the concerned magistrate
in Ahmedabad for a decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday