Gulberg case: SIT told to submit report by June 27
Ahmedabad: A trial court hearing the Gulberg Society massacre case Monday directed the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) to submit by June 27 the report of its investigations into the 2002 riot case.
During the hearing of victims` application seeking direction from the court to SIT in this regard, the Additional Sessions Judge B J Dhandha expressed his displeasure over the probe agency not complying with the court orders.
On the request of special counsel R S Jamuar, who was appearing for SIT, the court granted time till June 27 for the SIT to submit documents in connection with the conspiracy and involvement of top policemen and politicians regarding the Gulberg society case.
"The trial court had on 9-11-2011 and 11-4-2012 directed SIT to submit its report. But as they were not complied, we made a vehement plea before the judge, as in absence of it (report), we were unable to argue our other application on arraigning former JCP M K Tandon and DCP P B Gondia," said advocate Salim Shaikh representing the applicants.
69 people including former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri were killed in the Gulberg Society carnage during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
The SIT had earlier given a clean chit to Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the massacre case and sought its closure as it found no evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?