Gun-toting MP wants probe against toll plaza staff
Ahmedabad: Congress MP Vitthal Radadia, who was caught on CCTV and later booked for brandishing his gun at toll plaza attendants recently, has demanded probe against the staff for "misbehaving" with him.
Radadia, Lok Sabha MP from Porbandar, has written letters to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi complaining about the staff at the Karjan Toll Booth on the Express Highway.
"I have sent a letter to the PM and told him how I, an elected Member of Parliament, was mishandled by the L&T staff at the toll booth and how they all misbehaved with me," said Radadia.
Radadia has claimed in his letter that he was eligible for free passage and though he showed his `MP ID`, the staff there `rudely` raised doubts about his identity.
He has also marked the copy of his letter to the Union Minister for Surface Transport C P Joshi and his deputy Tushar Chaudhary.
On October 12, Radadia brandished his gun at the employees of toll booth on National Highway eight near Karjan after his driver was asked to show the MP`s ID card to waive the payment of toll.
An FIR was filed against the MP by Vadodara Rural Police on the basis of CCTV footage following a complaint by the manager of the private company managing the booth.
Radadia was booked under various sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) for rioting, issuing death threats, and also under Arms Act for brandishing his double-barrelled shotgun.
His anticipatory bail application was rejected on Wednesday by Additional District and Sessions Judge of Vadodara and Radadia is likely to file a petition challenging the sessions court`s order in the High Court soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM