Gun-totting Congress MP denied anticipatory bail
Vadodara: A local court on Wednesday rejected anticipatory bail application of Congress MP Vitthal Radadia who was booked last week after he brandished a gun at the operators of a toll both near here for avoiding paying toll.
Additional District and Sessions Court Judge B V Gohil turned down Radadia`s plea saying charges against the MP are of serious nature and cited past criminal cases pending against the MP.
Radadia`s counsel I U Patel said tonight that the order will be challenged in the High Court.
"We will challenge the order in the Gujarat High Court on receipt of the copy of the local court`s judgement," Patel said.
Radadia, the Lok Sabha MP from Porbandar, was booked under various sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) for rioting, issuing death threats, and also under Arms Act for brandishing his double-barrelled shotgun at toll plaza attendants who dared him to show his identity card before waiving payment.
Five more persons were also booked along with the MP.
Enraged after the toll plaza attendant insisted on original I-card after the MP`s driver had shown a photocopy, Radadia flashed the gun stalking the area in front of the toll booth and repeatedly tapped the glass enclosure with the barrel.
The FIR was filed against him by Vadodara Rural Police on the basis of CCTV footage following a complaint by the manager of the private company managing the booth.
Patel earlier argued in the court against booking the MP under Arms Act saying he holds a firearm license.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor