Gun-totting Congress MP denied anticipatory bail
Vadodara: A local court on Wednesday rejected anticipatory bail application of Congress MP Vitthal Radadia who was booked last week after he brandished a gun at the operators of a toll both near here for avoiding paying toll.
Additional District and Sessions Court Judge B V Gohil turned down Radadia`s plea saying charges against the MP are of serious nature and cited past criminal cases pending against the MP.
Radadia`s counsel I U Patel said tonight that the order will be challenged in the High Court.
"We will challenge the order in the Gujarat High Court on receipt of the copy of the local court`s judgement," Patel said.
Radadia, the Lok Sabha MP from Porbandar, was booked under various sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) for rioting, issuing death threats, and also under Arms Act for brandishing his double-barrelled shotgun at toll plaza attendants who dared him to show his identity card before waiving payment.
Five more persons were also booked along with the MP.
Enraged after the toll plaza attendant insisted on original I-card after the MP`s driver had shown a photocopy, Radadia flashed the gun stalking the area in front of the toll booth and repeatedly tapped the glass enclosure with the barrel.
The FIR was filed against him by Vadodara Rural Police on the basis of CCTV footage following a complaint by the manager of the private company managing the booth.
Patel earlier argued in the court against booking the MP under Arms Act saying he holds a firearm license.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!