HC allows Ramdev`s camp but warns against political canvassing
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Friday allowed yoga guru Ramdev`s Bharat Swambiman Trust to hold yoga camps in Vadodara and Ahmedabad with the condition that there would not be any canvassing for any political party.
"The petitioner Trust shall not campaign in favour of any political party," said a division bench of Justices MR Shah and RP Dholeria.
The camps won`t have any hoardings or banners of a political party or leaders and political leaders won`t be allowed at the venue.
The Trust had yesterday moved the High Court against the Election Commission`s decision to cancel the permission granted for the yoga camps.
The Commission had said that there could be a violation of model code of conduct, after Congress complained Ramdev was openly canvassing support for BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and he might use the camps for the same purpose.
The HC also took an undertaking from the Trust that it would abide by the conditions.
The camps were scheduled for April 26 (Vadodara) and April 27 (Ahmedabad).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack