HC allows Ramdev`s camp but warns against political canvassing
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Friday allowed yoga guru Ramdev`s Bharat Swambiman Trust to hold yoga camps in Vadodara and Ahmedabad with the condition that there would not be any canvassing for any political party.
"The petitioner Trust shall not campaign in favour of any political party," said a division bench of Justices MR Shah and RP Dholeria.
The camps won`t have any hoardings or banners of a political party or leaders and political leaders won`t be allowed at the venue.
The Trust had yesterday moved the High Court against the Election Commission`s decision to cancel the permission granted for the yoga camps.
The Commission had said that there could be a violation of model code of conduct, after Congress complained Ramdev was openly canvassing support for BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and he might use the camps for the same purpose.
The HC also took an undertaking from the Trust that it would abide by the conditions.
The camps were scheduled for April 26 (Vadodara) and April 27 (Ahmedabad).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?