HC refuses to entertain lawyers` protest for Anna
Ahmedabad: The Chief Justice of Gujarat
High Court on Wednesday refused to entertain the lawyers who wanted
to abstain from the court proceedings to protest the arrest of
social activist Anna Hazare.
Division bench headed by Chief Justice S J Mukhopadhaya
asked the president of Gujarat High Court Advocates`
Association (GHCAA) Yatin Oza not "to bring politics" to the
Court, when Oza tried to make a representation on the issue.
"Do not embarrass the Court," the Chief Justice said.
Court will not allow any adjournments and dismiss cases where
the lawyer chooses not to remain present, he added.
Earlier today, GHCAA passed a resolution that its members
would stay away from the court proceedings to register protest
against the arrest of Hazare in Delhi, said Oza, a senior
counsel and a former BJP MLA.
However, some of the members opposed the resolution,
calling it a political act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh