HC refuses to entertain lawyers` protest for Anna
Ahmedabad: The Chief Justice of Gujarat
High Court on Wednesday refused to entertain the lawyers who wanted
to abstain from the court proceedings to protest the arrest of
social activist Anna Hazare.
Division bench headed by Chief Justice S J Mukhopadhaya
asked the president of Gujarat High Court Advocates`
Association (GHCAA) Yatin Oza not "to bring politics" to the
Court, when Oza tried to make a representation on the issue.
"Do not embarrass the Court," the Chief Justice said.
Court will not allow any adjournments and dismiss cases where
the lawyer chooses not to remain present, he added.
Earlier today, GHCAA passed a resolution that its members
would stay away from the court proceedings to register protest
against the arrest of Hazare in Delhi, said Oza, a senior
counsel and a former BJP MLA.
However, some of the members opposed the resolution,
calling it a political act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index