HC refuses to entertain lawyers` protest for Anna
Ahmedabad: The Chief Justice of Gujarat
High Court on Wednesday refused to entertain the lawyers who wanted
to abstain from the court proceedings to protest the arrest of
social activist Anna Hazare.
Division bench headed by Chief Justice S J Mukhopadhaya
asked the president of Gujarat High Court Advocates`
Association (GHCAA) Yatin Oza not "to bring politics" to the
Court, when Oza tried to make a representation on the issue.
"Do not embarrass the Court," the Chief Justice said.
Court will not allow any adjournments and dismiss cases where
the lawyer chooses not to remain present, he added.
Earlier today, GHCAA passed a resolution that its members
would stay away from the court proceedings to register protest
against the arrest of Hazare in Delhi, said Oza, a senior
counsel and a former BJP MLA.
However, some of the members opposed the resolution,
calling it a political act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH