Hearing on Amit Shah`s discharge plea adjourned till July 24
Mumbai: A sessions court here on Monday adjourned till July 24 the hearing on a discharge application filed by BJP leader Amit Shah in connection with the alleged fake encounter cases of Tulsiram Prajapati and Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
The CBI had chargesheeted Shah, former minister of state for Home in Gujarat, and others, including several police officers, in both the cases that were clubbed last September.
According to CBI, Sheikh, a gangster who was claimed to have links to Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba and his wife Kauser Bi were abducted by Gujarat`s Anti-Terrorism Squad when they were on their way to Sangli in Maharashtra from Hyderabad, and were allegedly killed in a staged encounter near Gandhinagar in November 2005.
Tulsiram Prajapati, an eyewitness to the encounter, was allegedly killed by police at Chapri village in Banaskantha district of Gujarat in December 2006.
According to the CBI, Shah, who was then Minister of State for Home, was allegedly involved in the conspiracy behind both the incidents.
The regular hearing in the case will come up on July 17 when Shah is likely to appear before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL