Heat wave conditions continue in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Heat wave conditions continue to trouble Gujarat as the maximum temperature crossed the 44 degrees Celsius mark in some parts of the state on Monday.
According to the state meteorological department, Surendranagar city remained the hottest with the mercury there touching 44.8 degrees. The temperature in Ahmedabad was recorded at 44.4 degrees.
State capital Gandhinagar, known as the `green city`, sizzled at 44 degrees.
Other cities in central Gujarat, including Vadodara (40.6) and Vallabh Vidyanagar (41.8), too, bore the brunt of the heat wave.
Normal life in the Saurashtra region was also affected by the heat wave with the maximum in Bhavnagar touching 43.2 degrees while Amreli sizzled at 43 degrees.
As per the MeT department, there are chances of light to moderate rain or thundershowers in isolated places of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra