Heat wave continues to grip Gujarat, three more dead
Ahmedabad: As extreme heat-wave continued to grip many parts of Gujarat, three persons died here on Saturday of heat-stroke, taking the death toll to seven in last four days.
"Three persons, who suffered heat-stroke, died today in two different Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation run hospitals," in-charge health officer of the medical facility Bhavik Joshi said.
Rameshwar Ramji (40), a resident of Narol area, was admitted in an unconscious state last night and died this afternoon in LG hospital at Maninagar, Joshi said.
Another person Habib Sheikh (60), a resident of Sarkhej area and Suresh Mistry (59) of Kalupur, died due to heat-stroke after a brief treatment in Vadilal Sarabhai hospital today.
Six more persons suffering from heat-related illness were being treated in the two civic hospitals, he said.
Ahmedabad continues to reel under heat wave as the maximum temperature today was at recorded at 43.6 degree Celsius.
The state capital Gandhinagar recorded a maximum temperature of 43.8 degrees Celsius, while maximum temperatures in Vadodara and Vallabh Vidyanagar in central Gujarat were registered at 40.2 and 41.6 degree Celsius respectively.
Saurashtra region`s Surendranagar was the hottest city in Gujarat today at 44.3 degrees Celsius, followed by Rajkot at 44.2 degrees Celsius, Met officials said.
In Saurashtra, Bhavnagar and Amreli sizzled at 43.1 and 42.9 degrees Celsius respectively.
Maximum temperature in Bhuj was recorded at 39.9 degree Celsius.
Cities of Deesa and Idar in North Gujarat also recorded high temperatures of 44 and 43 degree Celsius respectively.
According to the forecast, light to moderate rain or thundershowers is anticipated at isolated places in the state during next 24 hours, however, Ahmedabad is likely experience extreme heat condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations