Heavy rains in Ahmedabad disrupt normal life
Ahmedabad: Heavy rainfall for almost three days has disrupted normal life in Ahmedabad with the rain pouring relentlessly throughout Tuesday.
Waterlogging in many parts of the city has left residents exasperated.
Speaking to a news agency, a resident of Ahmedabad, Bhartendra Purohit said, "All the roads are either blocked or closed due to heavy water logging. There is an acute shortage of drinking water as the supply of drinking water has been stopped by municipality."
When Sharda Bhen Purohit of Ahmedabad was asked how her daily routine has been affected by the incessant rainfall, she said, "Municipal Corporation is not well equipped to tackle the problem as there are big potholes on the roads."
She also told a news agency, "Kids are unable to go to school and the corporation has made no arrangements for it. There is a lot of drinking water problem, electricity problems due to power cuts in certain areas. People are finding it hard to even go to office."
Despite problems in urban areas of Gujarat, such as water logging, traffic jams, power cuts, delayed flights etc, the rest of the state, especially farmers in rural regions, welcomed showers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Skincare tips for men to get rid of pimples
- Look who's dining together? Navya SPOTTED with Aryan Khan!
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in