Heavy rains lash Saurashtra region
Rajkot: Many parts of Saurashtra region received moderate to heavy rains in the past 24 hours easing the shortage of drinking water even as traffic on many roads got disrupted and many areas went without power.
Power went off in as many as 282 villages since last night which could be restored only by this afternoon, sources from the PGVCL (Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Limited) said.
Porbandar received maximum rainfall at 275 mm in the past 24 hours while most of the dams and reservoirs have received rain water upto eight feet easing the region`s main problem of drinking water.
Kutiyana town of Porbandar received 275 mm rainfall followed by Patanvav of Rajkot district (225 mm), Vanthali of Junagadh district 125 mm, Rajkot city 120 mm and Jamnagar 50 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today