Himanshu Shukla named Ahmedabad crime branch DCP
Ahmedabad: Himanshu Shukla was on Thursday named as
the Deputy Commissioner of Police Ahmedabad crime branch, a
post that was lying vacant following the arrest of suspended
DCP Abhay Chudasama in April in connection with the alleged
fake encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and killing of his wife.
Shukla, the Kheda Superintendent of Police, would be
taking the new charge following a transfer order issued by the
Gujarat home department, an official statement said here.
Besides Shukla, nine other IPS officers have also been
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Crime, Surat Subhash
Trivedi, who had accidentally shot a fellow officer during an
anti-terror mock drill at Surat airport early this year, has
been transfered to Jamnagar as District Superintendent of
DSP Bhavnagar R V Asari has been transferred to Kheda to
Trivedi would replace DSP R V Jotangia, who has been
transferred to state CID (crime) as superintendent of police
(SP), Economic Offences Wing.
Sabarmati Jail Superintendent V Chandrashekhar has been
transferred to Bhavnagar as DSP, replacing Asari.
Ahmedabad cyber crime DCP M R Agrawal, M S Bharada and H
R Choudhary (both GPS officers who have been promoted to IPS
cadre), R J Pargi and SP Vadodara Central Jail J B Mandviya
are others who have been transferred, according to the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory