Hooch tragedy: Guj Cong denied permission for debate
Gandhinagar: Congress MLAs demanding a debate on the hooch tragedy during the zero hour in the state Assembly were denied permission by the Speaker on Wednesday, who said the discussion will take place as per the house rules.
Congress MLAs had demanded a discussion during the zero hour on the hooch incident in Vadodara. Congress members met the Speaker Ganpat Vasava before the proceedings started today, to seek permission.
The incident took place in Palej village yesterday. While the death toll reached 3 today, 19 people are admitted to Sir Sayajirao Hospital.
Following denial of permission, Congress MLAs started shouting slogans after question and answer session, saying `stop taking cut on liquor`.
The Speaker said that discussion under rule 108 was not possible, as the request did not meet the specified criteria, nor had the concerned minister given his consent.
"Congress MLAs Siddharth Patel and Iqbal Patel had met me at 11.50 am, ten minutes before the house started, and sought permission for debate under zero hour, whereas the permission needs to be taken an hour before the house begins," Vasava said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report