Hostel warden, accused of sexual abuse of boys, arrested
Rajkot: Raju Kanani, the sacked warden of a boys hostel in Porbandar who is accused of sexually abusing minor inmates, was on Friday arrested, police said.
Kanani is accused to have sexually exploited ten boys in 8-13 age group when he was the warden of the hostel run by Lohana community for poor and orphan children from the community.
Kanani was absconding after he was sacked by hostel management. "He today surrendered at DSP`s office," a senior police official said.
Police have lodged complaint on the basis of application filed by the Porbandar District Child Welfare Committee chairman Prakash Pandit with Kamlabaug police station. Local crime branch is probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters