Hostel warden, accused of sexual abuse of boys, arrested
Rajkot: Raju Kanani, the sacked warden of a boys hostel in Porbandar who is accused of sexually abusing minor inmates, was on Friday arrested, police said.
Kanani is accused to have sexually exploited ten boys in 8-13 age group when he was the warden of the hostel run by Lohana community for poor and orphan children from the community.
Kanani was absconding after he was sacked by hostel management. "He today surrendered at DSP`s office," a senior police official said.
Police have lodged complaint on the basis of application filed by the Porbandar District Child Welfare Committee chairman Prakash Pandit with Kamlabaug police station. Local crime branch is probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief