I am a Mahatma Gandhi follower, writes Rahul as he arrives in Gujarat
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi began his two-day visit to Gujarat from Thursday.
As soon as he reached Gujarat, the young Congress leader visited Mahatma Gandhi`s historic Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad.
Rahul spent almost 30 minutes in the ashram, from where the Mahatma had spearheaded the non-violent freedom movement of the country till he left for Dandi yatra.
"It`s always an honour for me to come to the ashram. I am a follower of Gandhi and his ideas. Thank you," Rahul wrote in the visitor`s book at the ashram.
This will be followed by a meeting of the national executive of the National Students Union of India, the Congress` student`s wing, and elected members of local self government institutions.
The following day, Gandhi will travel to Rajkot, the former Assembly constituency of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate, it said.
There he is scheduled to address a meeting of office-bearers of local party units, meet local self government members and attend an extended meeting of the Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports