I am a Mahatma Gandhi follower, writes Rahul as he arrives in Gujarat
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi began his two-day visit to Gujarat from Thursday.
As soon as he reached Gujarat, the young Congress leader visited Mahatma Gandhi`s historic Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad.
Rahul spent almost 30 minutes in the ashram, from where the Mahatma had spearheaded the non-violent freedom movement of the country till he left for Dandi yatra.
"It`s always an honour for me to come to the ashram. I am a follower of Gandhi and his ideas. Thank you," Rahul wrote in the visitor`s book at the ashram.
This will be followed by a meeting of the national executive of the National Students Union of India, the Congress` student`s wing, and elected members of local self government institutions.
The following day, Gandhi will travel to Rajkot, the former Assembly constituency of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate, it said.
There he is scheduled to address a meeting of office-bearers of local party units, meet local self government members and attend an extended meeting of the Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee.
(With IANS inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India