I am `Nirivkar`: Modi on being in race as PM candidate
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today shrugged of remarks by BJP chief Nitin Gadkari that he is one of the party`s six Prime Ministerial candidates, saying he remained unaffected and that his focus was on the uplift of six crore people in the state.
Modi also sought to draw an analogy with `pranayam`, a popular breathing exercise, on his approach to the prime ministerial issue. The next Lok Sabha elections is due in 2014.
"People who are actively doing yoga and more particularly `pranayam` will be well aware that when you do `pranayam`, gradually you don`t feel birds chirping around and other noises.
For you, it doesn`t make any difference if there is bright light or its dark. You become `Nirvikar`(unaffected). In the same way, I am Nirvikar about all these issues," the BJP strongman said in response to a query about his prospects of becoming the prime minister.
Modi said his focus is on six crore people of Gujarat and their upliftment and betterment.
"And this focus should be the parameter of my success," Modi said to a question on ascending the national stage after achieving success in his state.
Gadkari had yesterday said "Modi is one of the six PM candidates of BJP along with Advani, Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and M M Joshi. No decision has been yet taken (by the party)."
Modi was responding to questions from industry leaders and professionals at an interactive session organised by All India Management Association (AIMA) here.
Interestingly, most of the questions by members present at the session centred on Modi`s political ambitions and if he is willing to become the prime minister.
But most of the queries on the PM issues were deftly ducked by Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi