I am upset, disappointed: Zakia Jafri
Ahmedabad: Zakia Jafri, wife of former MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in the Gulberg Society carnage during the 2002 riots, on Monday said that she was "upset and disappointed" over the Supreme Court`s decision asking a trial court to hear the case.
Speaking to reporters in Surat, Zakia Jafri said: "I am upset and disappointed with the Supreme Court`s decision. I`m not saying that I don`t believe in Supreme Court, but there is a possibility that they missed out on something."
"If the Supreme Court could not do anything, what can I expect from the lower court."
Her petition alleged deliberate inaction on part of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, his cabinet colleagues and some high-ranking state officials.
"I have been waiting for justice for over nine years. I have no faith in the lower courts," she said.
In the 2002 incident, 37 people, including the former Congress MP Jafri, were killed. The rampaging mob targeted members of Muslim community in the Ahmedabad neighbourhood and set it afire.
Zakia Jafri has blamed 63 people for inaction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir