I am upset, disappointed: Zakia Jafri
Ahmedabad: Zakia Jafri, wife of former MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in the Gulberg Society carnage during the 2002 riots, on Monday said that she was "upset and disappointed" over the Supreme Court`s decision asking a trial court to hear the case.
Speaking to reporters in Surat, Zakia Jafri said: "I am upset and disappointed with the Supreme Court`s decision. I`m not saying that I don`t believe in Supreme Court, but there is a possibility that they missed out on something."
"If the Supreme Court could not do anything, what can I expect from the lower court."
Her petition alleged deliberate inaction on part of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, his cabinet colleagues and some high-ranking state officials.
"I have been waiting for justice for over nine years. I have no faith in the lower courts," she said.
In the 2002 incident, 37 people, including the former Congress MP Jafri, were killed. The rampaging mob targeted members of Muslim community in the Ahmedabad neighbourhood and set it afire.
Zakia Jafri has blamed 63 people for inaction.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory