IAF chopper makes emergency landing
Rajkot: An Indian Air Force helicopter made an emergency landing in Maktanpar town near Wankaner taluka of Morbi district Monday due to a technical snag, officials from the force said.
The chopper- Chetak SA 316 B- had taken off from Indian Air Force`s (IAF) Jamnagar air base around 9 AM. It was being flown to Ahmedabad by two pilots-- Kapil Yadav and Arpit Kapoor, the officials said.
"Around 10.15 AM, the pilots noticed that oil was leaking from the chopper`s rotor blades, following which they decided to land it in Maktanpar town, about 13 kms from Wankaner taluka of Morbi district," an official said.
"It was a precautionary landing and technical help was provided to the two pilots by the IAF control room in Jamnagar soon after it was informed about the emergency landing," Wing Commander M G Mehta said.
After fixing the problem, the helicopter was flown back to the Jamnagar air base in the evening, Mehta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!