IB official caught taking Rs 2,000 bribe
Ahmedabad: An Intelligence Bureau (IB) official was on Wednesday caught by sleuths of the Anti-Corruption Bureau while receiving Rs 2,000 bribe in Surat.
"Bakulchandra Choudhri, an Assistant Intelligence Officer (AIO) with the state unit of IB was caught taking the sum, for not checking the bio-data of security agency staff, an ACB official said.
A trap was laid on the complaint of one Aasharam Tiwari, who runs a security agency, and is a resident of Panas village in Surat.
The complainant alleged that Chodhuri was demanding the bribe for stopping harassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US