IB official caught taking Rs 2,000 bribe
Ahmedabad: An Intelligence Bureau (IB) official was on Wednesday caught by sleuths of the Anti-Corruption Bureau while receiving Rs 2,000 bribe in Surat.
"Bakulchandra Choudhri, an Assistant Intelligence Officer (AIO) with the state unit of IB was caught taking the sum, for not checking the bio-data of security agency staff, an ACB official said.
A trap was laid on the complaint of one Aasharam Tiwari, who runs a security agency, and is a resident of Panas village in Surat.
The complainant alleged that Chodhuri was demanding the bribe for stopping harassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter