IB official caught taking Rs 2,000 bribe
Ahmedabad: An Intelligence Bureau (IB) official was on Wednesday caught by sleuths of the Anti-Corruption Bureau while receiving Rs 2,000 bribe in Surat.
"Bakulchandra Choudhri, an Assistant Intelligence Officer (AIO) with the state unit of IB was caught taking the sum, for not checking the bio-data of security agency staff, an ACB official said.
A trap was laid on the complaint of one Aasharam Tiwari, who runs a security agency, and is a resident of Panas village in Surat.
The complainant alleged that Chodhuri was demanding the bribe for stopping harassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!