IB official caught taking Rs 2,000 bribe
Ahmedabad: An Intelligence Bureau (IB) official was on Wednesday caught by sleuths of the Anti-Corruption Bureau while receiving Rs 2,000 bribe in Surat.
"Bakulchandra Choudhri, an Assistant Intelligence Officer (AIO) with the state unit of IB was caught taking the sum, for not checking the bio-data of security agency staff, an ACB official said.
A trap was laid on the complaint of one Aasharam Tiwari, who runs a security agency, and is a resident of Panas village in Surat.
The complainant alleged that Chodhuri was demanding the bribe for stopping harassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state