IIM-A hikes fees for PGP courses by 5.5 percent
Ahmedabad: The Indian Institute of
Management, Ahmedabad, (IIM-A) has decided to increase fees
for its flagship Post Graduate Programme(PGP)in management and
also for Agri-Business management by 5.5 per cent from the
next academic year.
With today`s decision, the course fees for the PGP and
PGPX programme would approximately be around Rs 14.5 lakh and
Rs 21 lakh respectively.
The decision on the fee hike was taken at a meeting of
the IIM-A Board of Governors held here.
"The board has decided to increase fees for the PGP
courses in management and Agri-Business management by 5.5 per
cent," IIM-A director Samir Barua said to a news agency.
"The course fee for the Post graduate Programme for
executives (PGPX) has also been hiked by five per cent," he
said, adding the Board has approved the increase in fees that
would be implemented from the next year for the batch of
Last year also, the IIM-A had hiked the course fees
for its flagship PGP in management and agri-business
management by 9.6 per cent.
Barua said that during the meeting the proposal for
reducing the number of members in the Board from 25 to 15 was
With this decision, the central and state government will
have two members each on the IIM-A governing council instead
of four members each. Earlier, two members each were directly
appointed while two each nominated by the central and the
"The decision would now be sent to the government for
ratification," Barua added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof