IIM-A suspects data theft from its servers
Ahmedabad: The Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) has filed a complaint with the police apprehending theft of data from its computer network and servers by unauthorised persons.
"We have received an application from the vigilance officer of IIM-A apprehending data theft from their computer networks and servers," Deputy Commissioner of Police, Crime Branch, Himanshu Shukla, said.
"They have been receiving some e-mails warning them about certain data of the institute being stolen by some unauthorised people," he said.
"Those e-mails have been traced to three Internet Protocol(IP) addresses and we have asked IIM-A authorities to give some more details on this issue," he added.
Refusing to divulge more details, the DCP said, "At this stage we are just enquiring into it. We have not registered any offence. So it will be premature to share anything further."
He also refused to comment on whether IIM-A authorities were suspecting anyone from within the institute for the possible theft.
"It will be premature to point fingers at any one at this stage," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love