IIM-A suspects data theft from its servers
Ahmedabad: The Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) has filed a complaint with the police apprehending theft of data from its computer network and servers by unauthorised persons.
"We have received an application from the vigilance officer of IIM-A apprehending data theft from their computer networks and servers," Deputy Commissioner of Police, Crime Branch, Himanshu Shukla, said.
"They have been receiving some e-mails warning them about certain data of the institute being stolen by some unauthorised people," he said.
"Those e-mails have been traced to three Internet Protocol(IP) addresses and we have asked IIM-A authorities to give some more details on this issue," he added.
Refusing to divulge more details, the DCP said, "At this stage we are just enquiring into it. We have not registered any offence. So it will be premature to share anything further."
He also refused to comment on whether IIM-A authorities were suspecting anyone from within the institute for the possible theft.
"It will be premature to point fingers at any one at this stage," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM