IIM-A suspects data theft from its servers
Ahmedabad: The Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) has filed a complaint with the police apprehending theft of data from its computer network and servers by unauthorised persons.
"We have received an application from the vigilance officer of IIM-A apprehending data theft from their computer networks and servers," Deputy Commissioner of Police, Crime Branch, Himanshu Shukla, said.
"They have been receiving some e-mails warning them about certain data of the institute being stolen by some unauthorised people," he said.
"Those e-mails have been traced to three Internet Protocol(IP) addresses and we have asked IIM-A authorities to give some more details on this issue," he added.
Refusing to divulge more details, the DCP said, "At this stage we are just enquiring into it. We have not registered any offence. So it will be premature to share anything further."
He also refused to comment on whether IIM-A authorities were suspecting anyone from within the institute for the possible theft.
"It will be premature to point fingers at any one at this stage," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Terrific knock! Pakistani batsman Sharjeel Khan scores 3rd fastest 150 in ODI history – WATCH
- ICSI Professional Programme Examination Result June 2016 declared; check icsi.edu, Company Secretaries (CS) Examination Results
- 'Suicide attempt by Nirbhaya rape convict raises questions about jail security drills'
- Iranian Navy in 'unsafe' intercept of US destroyer: Official
- Oops! Iulia Vantur 'just friends' with Salman Khan? Full story inside