IIT dropout ends life in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An IIT-Gandhinagar dropout, who had left the institute in 2010 after failing to clear the exams, allegedly committed suicide here on Tuesday by hanging himself.
"Rohit Jagenia, a native of Kota in Rajasthan, committed suicide by hanging himself from the hook of ceiling fan in the kitchen," Chandkheda police inspector A G Gohil said.
Rohit, who was an electrical engineering student in IIT-Gandhinagar, had come to Ahmedabad on May 28 after taking his B.Sc final year exams in Kota, he said.
He had come to Ahmedabad for an interview at a coaching institute and was scheduled to leave this evening, Gohil said, adding that he was staying at his friends` place.
"Till around 1 PM, he along with his friends had watched a movie on computer. Later, the friends went out for lunch but he refused to accompany them and preferred to stay back," he said.
Upon their return, Rohit`s friends found the main door bolted from inside, after which they opened it using duplicate key and found him hanging from the ceiling of the kitchen, Gohil said.
Meanwhile, IIT-Gandhinagar director has expressed surprise over the incident.
"I am very surprised. He (Rohit) had left the institute voluntarily three years ago in 2010," Director S K Jain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!