IIT dropout ends life in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An IIT-Gandhinagar dropout, who had left the institute in 2010 after failing to clear the exams, allegedly committed suicide here on Tuesday by hanging himself.
"Rohit Jagenia, a native of Kota in Rajasthan, committed suicide by hanging himself from the hook of ceiling fan in the kitchen," Chandkheda police inspector A G Gohil said.
Rohit, who was an electrical engineering student in IIT-Gandhinagar, had come to Ahmedabad on May 28 after taking his B.Sc final year exams in Kota, he said.
He had come to Ahmedabad for an interview at a coaching institute and was scheduled to leave this evening, Gohil said, adding that he was staying at his friends` place.
"Till around 1 PM, he along with his friends had watched a movie on computer. Later, the friends went out for lunch but he refused to accompany them and preferred to stay back," he said.
Upon their return, Rohit`s friends found the main door bolted from inside, after which they opened it using duplicate key and found him hanging from the ceiling of the kitchen, Gohil said.
Meanwhile, IIT-Gandhinagar director has expressed surprise over the incident.
"I am very surprised. He (Rohit) had left the institute voluntarily three years ago in 2010," Director S K Jain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery