IIT dropout ends life in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An IIT-Gandhinagar dropout, who had left the institute in 2010 after failing to clear the exams, allegedly committed suicide here on Tuesday by hanging himself.
"Rohit Jagenia, a native of Kota in Rajasthan, committed suicide by hanging himself from the hook of ceiling fan in the kitchen," Chandkheda police inspector A G Gohil said.
Rohit, who was an electrical engineering student in IIT-Gandhinagar, had come to Ahmedabad on May 28 after taking his B.Sc final year exams in Kota, he said.
He had come to Ahmedabad for an interview at a coaching institute and was scheduled to leave this evening, Gohil said, adding that he was staying at his friends` place.
"Till around 1 PM, he along with his friends had watched a movie on computer. Later, the friends went out for lunch but he refused to accompany them and preferred to stay back," he said.
Upon their return, Rohit`s friends found the main door bolted from inside, after which they opened it using duplicate key and found him hanging from the ceiling of the kitchen, Gohil said.
Meanwhile, IIT-Gandhinagar director has expressed surprise over the incident.
"I am very surprised. He (Rohit) had left the institute voluntarily three years ago in 2010," Director S K Jain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe