Illegal arms manufaturing unit found, 5 held
Rajkot: The police claimed to have unearthed an illegal arms manufacturing factory making country-made pistols and arrested five persons in this connection ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
Acting on a tip-off, sleuths of the Special Operations Group (SOG) kept a close vigil near Navagam bus station yesterday and intercepted a bootlegger Manharsinh Ratubha Jadeja, the police said, adding a live cartridge and a country-made pistol was seized from him.
The police also arrested Sindha Koli yesterday from Jasdan town from whom the bootlegger had purchased the weapon, the police said.
Koli`s interrogation led the police to raid a farm near Sardhar town on the city outskirts.
The police found four country-made revolvers and two live cartridges. The farm owner Mansukh Patel and his accomplice Praful Bavaji were arrested this morning, the police said.
The two told the police that they gave five country-made pistols to one Dolubha Vala, who was also arrested, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday