Illegal arms manufaturing unit found, 5 held
Rajkot: The police claimed to have unearthed an illegal arms manufacturing factory making country-made pistols and arrested five persons in this connection ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
Acting on a tip-off, sleuths of the Special Operations Group (SOG) kept a close vigil near Navagam bus station yesterday and intercepted a bootlegger Manharsinh Ratubha Jadeja, the police said, adding a live cartridge and a country-made pistol was seized from him.
The police also arrested Sindha Koli yesterday from Jasdan town from whom the bootlegger had purchased the weapon, the police said.
Koli`s interrogation led the police to raid a farm near Sardhar town on the city outskirts.
The police found four country-made revolvers and two live cartridges. The farm owner Mansukh Patel and his accomplice Praful Bavaji were arrested this morning, the police said.
The two told the police that they gave five country-made pistols to one Dolubha Vala, who was also arrested, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason