‘Improper to treat Raj Thackeray as state-guest’
Rajkot: Describing Gujarat government`s
treatment being given to Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)
chief Raj Thackeray as "improper", state Congress protested
on Sunday against his visits to various industrial units in the
Congress city unit president Jasvant Bhatti and executive
president Indranil Rajyaguru in a joint statement said, "everyone knows Raj Thackeray`s policy and he should not be treated
"The state government has made arrangement for MNS chief
to visit various industrial units in Gujarat and the chief
minister is trying to take credit for the development projects
in the state," the statement said.
"But the truth is that Gujarat`s development started
during the Congress rule and various existing industrial zone
like Shapar, Bamanbor were set up during the Congress rule and
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi should not take credit
for that," the leaders claimed.
MNS chief Raj Thackeray has been on Gujarat`s nine day
study-tour starting from August 3.
In order to protest against Thackeray`s visit, Congress
yesterday played a drama on street, in which, a Congress
worker acting as Raj Thackeray, was presented with a
shoe-garland by Congress workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD