‘Improper to treat Raj Thackeray as state-guest’
Rajkot: Describing Gujarat government`s
treatment being given to Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)
chief Raj Thackeray as "improper", state Congress protested
on Sunday against his visits to various industrial units in the
Congress city unit president Jasvant Bhatti and executive
president Indranil Rajyaguru in a joint statement said, "everyone knows Raj Thackeray`s policy and he should not be treated
"The state government has made arrangement for MNS chief
to visit various industrial units in Gujarat and the chief
minister is trying to take credit for the development projects
in the state," the statement said.
"But the truth is that Gujarat`s development started
during the Congress rule and various existing industrial zone
like Shapar, Bamanbor were set up during the Congress rule and
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi should not take credit
for that," the leaders claimed.
MNS chief Raj Thackeray has been on Gujarat`s nine day
study-tour starting from August 3.
In order to protest against Thackeray`s visit, Congress
yesterday played a drama on street, in which, a Congress
worker acting as Raj Thackeray, was presented with a
shoe-garland by Congress workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie