In-camera trial of gang-rape case begins in Surat
Surat: The in-camera trial in the case of
gang-rape of a class 12 student in June this year in a moving
car began in a city court on Thursday.
District and sessions judge R P Dholaria has ordered
that the trial should be conducted in-camera.
Sons of two policemen and one of their friends had on
June 12 allegedly abducted a seventeen-year-old girl and raped
her in a moving car.
The three accused Sahid Sayyed, Tariq Sayyed and Abu
Bakar travelling in a car stopped the girl and her boy friend
who were going for tuition classes early in the morning and
forced the two inside the car saying that they were policemen.
The boy, who is also studying in class 12, was tied
inside the car by the accused. The girl was then raped in
turn by the three accused inside the moving car.
The ordeal continued for the two for more than two
hours after which they were left at the same spot from where
they were abducted, officials said.
Sahid Sayyed, arrested for the incident is a son of
Circle Police Inspector while Tariq Sayyed is a son of a
police constable who is serving with the city police. Sahid
and Tariq are both cousins while Abu is their friend.
Narco analysis test was conducted on two of the accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory