Incense stick vendor observes fast to see Modi as Gujarat CM
Rajkot: A incense stick vendor has decided to give up food until Narendra Modi is sworn in as Gujarat chief minister again after assembly polls to be held in December.
Dilip Chawla (39) has been observing a fast from August 14, as soon after he heard that assembly polls would be held in Gujarat by the year-end.
"I began fasting from August 24 and will end it only after Modi takes oath as Gujarat chief minister. Presently, I take only liquid and fruits. I will go to Somnath to offer prayers once Modi takes oath as Gujarat chief minister and I will consume food only after that," he said.
Modi has been doing well as Gujarat chief minister and he has fulfilled people`s basic necessities like drinking water and electricity, he said.
"When I was residing in Jetpur town of Rajkot city, I experienced that people in the town were facing shortage of drinking water and insufficient power supply. But these problems were solved soon after Modi became chief minister," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble