Indian Navy to set up a full-fledged naval base at Porbandar
Ahmedabad: The Navy has decided to set up a naval base at the coastal town of Porbandar, said Indian Navy's Flag Commanding Officer (FCO) for Gujarat and Maharashtra, Rear Admiral Ashok Kumar today.
Kumar said this during his meeting with Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel in Gandhinagar.
He informed the CM that the Indian Navy plans to set up a full-fledged naval base at Porbandar which would be named after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, a press release issued by the state government said.
They talked about enhancing the scope of Navy's activities and developing infrastructural facilities across the 1600 km-long coastline of Gujarat.
The proposed Porbandar naval base would make the Gujarat's coastal region safe and boost commercial activities through the sea route, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials