Indian Navy to set up a full-fledged naval base at Porbandar
Ahmedabad: The Navy has decided to set up a naval base at the coastal town of Porbandar, said Indian Navy's Flag Commanding Officer (FCO) for Gujarat and Maharashtra, Rear Admiral Ashok Kumar today.
Kumar said this during his meeting with Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel in Gandhinagar.
He informed the CM that the Indian Navy plans to set up a full-fledged naval base at Porbandar which would be named after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, a press release issued by the state government said.
They talked about enhancing the scope of Navy's activities and developing infrastructural facilities across the 1600 km-long coastline of Gujarat.
The proposed Porbandar naval base would make the Gujarat's coastal region safe and boost commercial activities through the sea route, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video