Indian Navy to set up a full-fledged naval base at Porbandar
Ahmedabad: The Navy has decided to set up a naval base at the coastal town of Porbandar, said Indian Navy's Flag Commanding Officer (FCO) for Gujarat and Maharashtra, Rear Admiral Ashok Kumar today.
Kumar said this during his meeting with Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel in Gandhinagar.
He informed the CM that the Indian Navy plans to set up a full-fledged naval base at Porbandar which would be named after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, a press release issued by the state government said.
They talked about enhancing the scope of Navy's activities and developing infrastructural facilities across the 1600 km-long coastline of Gujarat.
The proposed Porbandar naval base would make the Gujarat's coastal region safe and boost commercial activities through the sea route, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?