Inquiry ordered as train fails to halt at scheduled stop
Rajkot: An inquiry has been ordered into
an incident where a driver of Saurashtra Janta train stopped
the train 5 km ahead of the scheduled stop today, which could
have caused major accident, railway officials said here.
The incident took place when Saurashtra Janta Express
(9017) was on its way to Jamnagar, they said.
According to railway officials, the train was to stop
at Billeshwar crossing to get green signal for clearance, but
instead, the driver stopped 5 km after the crossing.
Negligence of the driver could have led to a major
accident when the train had passed five km without getting
green signal near Rajkot junction here, railway officials
said, adding that luckily there was no other train on the
Kamlesh Tiwari, senior official of the Western Railway
Rajkot division said an inquiry has been ordered and strict
action would be taken if any one found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof