Inquiry ordered as train fails to halt at scheduled stop
Rajkot: An inquiry has been ordered into
an incident where a driver of Saurashtra Janta train stopped
the train 5 km ahead of the scheduled stop today, which could
have caused major accident, railway officials said here.
The incident took place when Saurashtra Janta Express
(9017) was on its way to Jamnagar, they said.
According to railway officials, the train was to stop
at Billeshwar crossing to get green signal for clearance, but
instead, the driver stopped 5 km after the crossing.
Negligence of the driver could have led to a major
accident when the train had passed five km without getting
green signal near Rajkot junction here, railway officials
said, adding that luckily there was no other train on the
Kamlesh Tiwari, senior official of the Western Railway
Rajkot division said an inquiry has been ordered and strict
action would be taken if any one found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick