International Kite Festival from Jan 10 in Gujarat
Mumbai: The five-day annual International
Kite Festival, organised by the Gujarat Tourism, is likely to
see participation from over 34 countries.
"This year the festival will be organised at three
different places -- Ahmedabad, Surat and Porbandar. Over 105
kite flyers from across 34 countries are likely to participate
in the festival," Gujarat Government`s Tourism Secretary,
Vipul Mittra, told reporters here today.
Besides, over 120 kite players from nine states including
Maharashtra are also expected to take part in the festival,
Mittra said, adding, "for the first time the kite competition
will be organised alongside river Sabarmati."
The five-day-long festival would start from January 10.
The festival will feature an international kite
competition, aerial acrobats, kite paintings competition and
kite workshop, Mittra said.
The festival assumes special significance this year as it
is being organised in the backdrop of Gujarat celebrating its
golden jubilee Year, he said.
"We are making adequate arrangements to ensure safety of
the visitors and the people of Gujarat, which can help them
enjoy the festival with passion," Tourism Corporation of
Gujarat`s Chairman, Kamelsh Patel, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why