IPS officer Rai likely to continue case in CAT
Ahmedabad: IPS officer Rajnish Rai is
likely to continue his fight against Gujarat government in the
Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) after the state home
department expunged the adverse remarks made against him in
Annual Confidential report (ACR) by his reviewing authority,
the then DGP, P C Pande.
Days before the case is to come up before the Central
Administrative Tribunal (CAT), the Gujarat government informed
Rai on Friday last that the adverse remarks against him were
"The government has passed an order which states that
remarks of senior IPS officer P C Pande shall be withdrawn
from the ACR of Rai and this was conveyed to us," his advocate
Mukul Sinha said.
Rai was the officer who arrested three IPS officers--D
G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian and Dinesh M N-- during his
investigation of the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case. The
officer is now holding the rank of Deputy Inspector-General of
Police but has been on study leave of six months.
Rai, had approached the CAT challenging the `average`
grading and `adverse` remarks made in his Annual Confidential
Report (ACR) for the period of April 1, 2007 to August 22,
2007, when he was investigating officer in the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case.
He had contended that the adverse remark against him
and his performance downgrading by then reviewing authority P
C Pande (now retired) was made because of his actions taken in
connection with the Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
Rai had also contended in his application that the
`average` grading given to him would adversely affect his
chances of promotion.
Rai`s advocate Sinha said, "though the remarks have
been expunged, his assessment has not be reviewed by the state
government. We have prayed for re-assessment in the tribunal,
and will fight for it".
The next hearing of the case is scheduled on September
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know