Ishrat case: HC judge recuses self from Amin`s bail plea
Ahmedabad: A judge of the Gujarat High Court Thursday recused himself from hearing the bail application filed by suspended IPS officer N K Amin, arrested in Ishrat Jahan encounter case.
Justice A J Desai did not give any reason for pulling out of the hearing.
Amin had yesterday moved the High Court against the special CBI court`s order refusing him bail. He has sought bail on the ground that CBI`s charge sheet was incomplete and so he be granted bail `by default`.
Bail is granted by default if the charge sheet is not filed within the stipulated period of 90 days after the arrest.
Amin was arrested on April 4. On July 3, CBI filed the charge sheet against seven police officers including Amin, accusing them of murder and criminal conspiracy with regard to the encounter killing of 19-year-old Ishrat, Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Zeeshan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana on the outskirts of Ahmedabad in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof