Ishrat case: HC judge recuses self from Amin`s bail plea
Ahmedabad: A judge of the Gujarat High Court Thursday recused himself from hearing the bail application filed by suspended IPS officer N K Amin, arrested in Ishrat Jahan encounter case.
Justice A J Desai did not give any reason for pulling out of the hearing.
Amin had yesterday moved the High Court against the special CBI court`s order refusing him bail. He has sought bail on the ground that CBI`s charge sheet was incomplete and so he be granted bail `by default`.
Bail is granted by default if the charge sheet is not filed within the stipulated period of 90 days after the arrest.
Amin was arrested on April 4. On July 3, CBI filed the charge sheet against seven police officers including Amin, accusing them of murder and criminal conspiracy with regard to the encounter killing of 19-year-old Ishrat, Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Zeeshan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana on the outskirts of Ahmedabad in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister