Ishrat case: Narendra Modi’s aide Amit Shah to be questioned by CBI?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amit Shah, a close aide of Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, is likely to be questioned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the 2004 Ishrat Jahan encounter case.
Shah is likely to be quizzed by the CBI after jailed IPS officer DG Vanzara reportedly maintained his stand that the Gujarat government was "inspiring, guiding and monitoring" every police action from "very close quarters".
Vanzara was suspended last week after he hit out at Modi government for failing to protect the jailed police officers with regard to fake encounter cases mentioned in his resignation letter.
The CBI had grilled Gujarat Minister of State for Law Pradeepsinh Jadeja in connection with the Ishrat encounter case.
It had also sent a notice to state Advocate General Kamal Trivedi and former minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, asking them to appear before it, reports said.
CBI has named Singhal, Vanzara, suspended IPS officers P P Pandey and Tarun Barot, N K Amin, retired DSP J G Parmar and commando Anaju Chaudhary in the charge sheet, accusing them of murder and criminal conspiracy with regard to the encounter killing of 19-year-old Ishrat, Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Zeeshan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana on the outskirts of Ahmedabad in June 2004.
CBI`s probe in the case was still on, it had said when filing the charge sheet in July 2013.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!