Ishrat case: SIT submits final report in Guj HC
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigation Team,
probing the encounter deaths of Mumbai teenager Ishrat Jahan
and three others, on Friday submitted its final report in the
Gujarat High Court.
On October 7, a division bench of justices Jayant Patel
and Abhilasha Kumari had directed the SIT to submit the final
report that would conclude if the encounter of the four
persons, claimed by Gujarat Police to be terrorists, was
genuine or fake.
"We have submitted the report as directed by the high
court," a SIT member said.
He declined to comment further on the report, saying the
matter now rests with the court which will look into the
findings and decide the next course of action.
Sources close to the SIT said the report dealt with
the nature of the police encounter.
Ishrat, a 19-year-old college girl, along with Javed
Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan Johar
were killed in a shootout by Ahmedabad Crime Branch on June
Crime Branch had then claimed the four were LeT members
and were on a mission to kill Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The probe in the case was supervised directly by the
high court which constituted the SIT last year to investigate
the genuineness of the gunfight after petitions were filed by
Ishrat`s mother Shamima Kausar and Gopinath Pillai, father of
Pranesh, raising questions about the police version of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan