Ishrat encounter case: SIT questions two top cops
Ahmedabad: The special investigation team
constituted by the Gujarat High Court to probe the alleged
fake encounter of Ishrat Jahan and three others interrogated
two senior police officers for over four hours on Wednesday.
SP G L Singhal and DSP Tarun Barot appeared before the
SIT, headed by ADGP Satyapal Singh of Maharashtra Police.
Singh had recently taken charge as chairman of SIT.
Both the officers were interrogated for over four hours
by Singh and SIT members Mohan Jha and Satish Verma at the
agency`s office in Shahibaug area of the city.
Singhal and Barot were part of the city crime branch
which was involved in the encounter of Ishrat and three others
Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan
Johar killed on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on June 15, 2004.
Crime branch officers had said they were on a mission to
kill Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and the encounter
was carried out after receiving intelligence inputs from the
An inquiry report by judicial magistrate S P Tamang in
September 2009 had said the encounter was fake and carried out
in cold blood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen