Ishrat Jahan case: Another Gujarat cop arrested
Ahmedabad: CBI on Thursday arrested another officer of Gujarat police in connection with the 2004 alleged fake encounter of 19-year-old college girl Ishrat Jahan and three others, officials of the agency said.
N K Amin, suspended Deputy Superintendent of Police, who got bail from Bombay High Court last month in Sohrabuddin encounter case on medical grounds, was on Thursday arrested by CBI from the Civil Hospital here.
Amin was in jail for past six years in Sohrabuddin case.
CBI`s Special Investigation Team today took Amin to its Gandhinagar office for interrogation. He would be produced before the court tomorrow.
Before this, CBI had arrested five police officers from the state in Ishrat case: IPS officer G L Singhal, DySP Tarun Barot, J G Parmar, Bharat Patel and Anaju Chaudhary.
At the time of encounter, Amin was serving in Detection of Crime Branch (DCB). As per the Gujarat police`s version, he was a part of the team which had cordoned off Narol cross roads area of the city; he was in the police team which took part in actual encounter.
On June 15, 2004, Isharat Jahan, Javed Shaikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Amjadali Akbarali Rana and Zeeshan Johar were killed in an encounter on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. Police claimed that they were terrorists who had come here to kill Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?