Ishrat Jahan case: PP Pandey to appear in court today
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Senior Gujarat IPS officer PP Pandey, an accused in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case, is expected to appear in the court on Wednesday.
Pandey was due to appear earlier this week but complained of chest pain and was admitted in the hospital. He appeared in the court on Tuesday on a stretcher and was granted bail till July 31.
The Additional General of Police (AGP) rank officer was absconding since his name surfaced in the CBI chargesheet for 2004 killing of Mumbai Ishrat Jahan, her friend Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, and Amjad Ali Rana and Jishan Johar, said to be Pakistani nationals.
His plea to quash the FIR registered against him in Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case was rejected by the Gujarat High Court earlier this month and he was declared an absconder in the 2004 fake encounter case of Ishrat Jahan and three others.
He was directed to appear before the court by July 31 to avoid further action.
Pruthvipal P Pandey, a 1982-batch IPS officer, has been made an accused in the fake encounter case for providing "so-called crucial intelligence inputs" to fellow policemen that Ishrat and three others were LeT operatives and were on a mission to assassinate Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'