Ishrat Jahan case: PP Pandey to appear in court today
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Senior Gujarat IPS officer PP Pandey, an accused in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case, is expected to appear in the court on Wednesday.
Pandey was due to appear earlier this week but complained of chest pain and was admitted in the hospital. He appeared in the court on Tuesday on a stretcher and was granted bail till July 31.
The Additional General of Police (AGP) rank officer was absconding since his name surfaced in the CBI chargesheet for 2004 killing of Mumbai Ishrat Jahan, her friend Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, and Amjad Ali Rana and Jishan Johar, said to be Pakistani nationals.
His plea to quash the FIR registered against him in Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case was rejected by the Gujarat High Court earlier this month and he was declared an absconder in the 2004 fake encounter case of Ishrat Jahan and three others.
He was directed to appear before the court by July 31 to avoid further action.
Pruthvipal P Pandey, a 1982-batch IPS officer, has been made an accused in the fake encounter case for providing "so-called crucial intelligence inputs" to fellow policemen that Ishrat and three others were LeT operatives and were on a mission to assassinate Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list