Ishrat Jahan encounter: CBI not focussing on intel input but conspiracy
New Delhi: The probe of CBI in the alleged role of a senior Intelligence Officer in the Ishrat Jahan alleged fake encounter killing case is not limited to input given by him but his role, if any, in the entire conspiracy which led to the encounter.
CBI sources said they want to question Special Director Rajinder Kumar, a 1979-Batch IPS officer from Manipur-Tripura cadre, as some indications about his alleged involvement in the conspiracy have surfaced.
The sources said the focus of the agency`s probe has never been the intelligence input, which had led to the controversial encounter, but on whether intelligence officers were active participants in the conspiracy behind the killing of 19-year old Ishrat Jahan, a college student, in the incident.
They said questioning of Kumar becomes important to complete its probe into the alleged conspiracy as the charge sheet is likely to be finalised in the last week of this month.
The sources said the agency would seek clarifications from the officer about the claims made by witnesses and other pointers which indicate his alleged role in the conspiracy which led to the encounter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical