Ishrat Jahan encounter: CBI not focussing on intel input but conspiracy
New Delhi: The probe of CBI in the alleged role of a senior Intelligence Officer in the Ishrat Jahan alleged fake encounter killing case is not limited to input given by him but his role, if any, in the entire conspiracy which led to the encounter.
CBI sources said they want to question Special Director Rajinder Kumar, a 1979-Batch IPS officer from Manipur-Tripura cadre, as some indications about his alleged involvement in the conspiracy have surfaced.
The sources said the focus of the agency`s probe has never been the intelligence input, which had led to the controversial encounter, but on whether intelligence officers were active participants in the conspiracy behind the killing of 19-year old Ishrat Jahan, a college student, in the incident.
They said questioning of Kumar becomes important to complete its probe into the alleged conspiracy as the charge sheet is likely to be finalised in the last week of this month.
The sources said the agency would seek clarifications from the officer about the claims made by witnesses and other pointers which indicate his alleged role in the conspiracy which led to the encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III