Ishrat Jahan encounter: CBI not focussing on intel input but conspiracy
New Delhi: The probe of CBI in the alleged role of a senior Intelligence Officer in the Ishrat Jahan alleged fake encounter killing case is not limited to input given by him but his role, if any, in the entire conspiracy which led to the encounter.
CBI sources said they want to question Special Director Rajinder Kumar, a 1979-Batch IPS officer from Manipur-Tripura cadre, as some indications about his alleged involvement in the conspiracy have surfaced.
The sources said the focus of the agency`s probe has never been the intelligence input, which had led to the controversial encounter, but on whether intelligence officers were active participants in the conspiracy behind the killing of 19-year old Ishrat Jahan, a college student, in the incident.
They said questioning of Kumar becomes important to complete its probe into the alleged conspiracy as the charge sheet is likely to be finalised in the last week of this month.
The sources said the agency would seek clarifications from the officer about the claims made by witnesses and other pointers which indicate his alleged role in the conspiracy which led to the encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof