Ishrat Jahan killing: Pandey`s anticipatory bail plea dismissed
New Delhi: "Supreme Court has become a safe haven for the criminals", the court said Monday while dismissing the anticipatory bail plea of Gujarat Additional Director General of Police P.P. Pandey, who has been named an accused in the alleged staged shootout in which Ishrat Jahan and her three associates were killed.
An apex court bench headed by Justice B.S. Chauhan, while dismissing Pandey`s plea, said: "You are a absconder earlier also. Your conduct makes you disentitled to anticipatory bail."
As senior counsel Jaspal Singh sought to make a point, Justice Chauhan said: "I can say it on oath that we are not devoting even five percent of our time for the common man. It is senior counsel and criminals who take up most of the time."
"Supreme Court has become a safe haven for the criminals," said Justice Chauhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'