Ishrat Jahan killing: Pandey`s anticipatory bail plea dismissed
New Delhi: "Supreme Court has become a safe haven for the criminals", the court said Monday while dismissing the anticipatory bail plea of Gujarat Additional Director General of Police P.P. Pandey, who has been named an accused in the alleged staged shootout in which Ishrat Jahan and her three associates were killed.
An apex court bench headed by Justice B.S. Chauhan, while dismissing Pandey`s plea, said: "You are a absconder earlier also. Your conduct makes you disentitled to anticipatory bail."
As senior counsel Jaspal Singh sought to make a point, Justice Chauhan said: "I can say it on oath that we are not devoting even five percent of our time for the common man. It is senior counsel and criminals who take up most of the time."
"Supreme Court has become a safe haven for the criminals," said Justice Chauhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days