Ishrat Jahan’s family alleges threat to life, seeks protection
Zee Media Bureau
Ahemdabad: The family members of Ishrat Jahan, the 19-year-old Mumbai girl who was shot dead along with three others by the Gujarat Crime Branch officials in 2004, on Thursday alleged threat to their lives.
According to reports, Ishrat’s family members claimed that they were receiving threats to their life from unknown persons.
Ishrat’s family members also claimed that 4-5 unidentified men had barged into their house and threatened them recently.
Ishrat`s sister further alleged that her family members are being harassed for the past one month.
The family has also written to the Union Home Secretary seeking protection. The family has been assured them of full security.
Ishrat Jahan was shot dead by Gujarat Police in an alleged staged shoot-out in 2004.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which probed the case, recently filed a preliminary chargesheet naming at least six policemen as accused in the case.
Interestingly, the probe agency did not name Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his close aide Amit Shah in the case.
While indicating that Ishrat, 19, a college student in Maharashtra`s Thane, was not a terrorist as alleged, the CBI chargesheet named policemen PP Pande, A. Choudhary, DG Vanzare, Tarun Barot, JR Parmar, Bharat Patel and NK Amin among the accused.
However, her family claims that Ishrat was innocent and had been framed as a terrorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title