Ishrat Jahan’s family alleges threat to life, seeks protection
Zee Media Bureau
Ahemdabad: The family members of Ishrat Jahan, the 19-year-old Mumbai girl who was shot dead along with three others by the Gujarat Crime Branch officials in 2004, on Thursday alleged threat to their lives.
According to reports, Ishrat’s family members claimed that they were receiving threats to their life from unknown persons.
Ishrat’s family members also claimed that 4-5 unidentified men had barged into their house and threatened them recently.
Ishrat`s sister further alleged that her family members are being harassed for the past one month.
The family has also written to the Union Home Secretary seeking protection. The family has been assured them of full security.
Ishrat Jahan was shot dead by Gujarat Police in an alleged staged shoot-out in 2004.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which probed the case, recently filed a preliminary chargesheet naming at least six policemen as accused in the case.
Interestingly, the probe agency did not name Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his close aide Amit Shah in the case.
While indicating that Ishrat, 19, a college student in Maharashtra`s Thane, was not a terrorist as alleged, the CBI chargesheet named policemen PP Pande, A. Choudhary, DG Vanzare, Tarun Barot, JR Parmar, Bharat Patel and NK Amin among the accused.
However, her family claims that Ishrat was innocent and had been framed as a terrorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...