Ishrat Jahan’s family alleges threat to life, seeks protection
Zee Media Bureau
Ahemdabad: The family members of Ishrat Jahan, the 19-year-old Mumbai girl who was shot dead along with three others by the Gujarat Crime Branch officials in 2004, on Thursday alleged threat to their lives.
According to reports, Ishrat’s family members claimed that they were receiving threats to their life from unknown persons.
Ishrat’s family members also claimed that 4-5 unidentified men had barged into their house and threatened them recently.
Ishrat`s sister further alleged that her family members are being harassed for the past one month.
The family has also written to the Union Home Secretary seeking protection. The family has been assured them of full security.
Ishrat Jahan was shot dead by Gujarat Police in an alleged staged shoot-out in 2004.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which probed the case, recently filed a preliminary chargesheet naming at least six policemen as accused in the case.
Interestingly, the probe agency did not name Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his close aide Amit Shah in the case.
While indicating that Ishrat, 19, a college student in Maharashtra`s Thane, was not a terrorist as alleged, the CBI chargesheet named policemen PP Pande, A. Choudhary, DG Vanzare, Tarun Barot, JR Parmar, Bharat Patel and NK Amin among the accused.
However, her family claims that Ishrat was innocent and had been framed as a terrorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan