Jail-break attempt: Sabarmati prison official suspended
Ahmedabad: A junior jail superintendent of the Sabarmati Central Jail here has been suspended in connection with the conspiracy of 14 accused of 2008 serial bomb blast case to escape through a tunnel.
Junior Jail Superintendent D K Parmar, who was in charge of the `Chhota Chakkar` barrack where an 18-feet `under-construction` tunnel was found on Sunday, had been suspended, said IG (Prison) P C Thakur here today.
The plan was to link the tunnel with an underground sewer line that passed beneath the main gate of the Jail.
Of the 68 accused of the serial bomb blasts case, 14 were lodged in the barrack No 4, called `Chhota Chakkar`.
A case has been registered against all the 14 with regard to the tunnel, and Detection of Crime Branch (DCB), Ahmedabad, is interrogating them following court`s permission.
Meanwhile, DIG (Prison) Amit Vishwakrma today submitted his report to the Home Department.
"Government will take appropriate action after examination of the report," said Principal Secretary (Home) M D Antani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists