Jaitely nominated for third term for RS from Guj
Ahmedabad: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitely
has been nominated for the Rajya Sabha for the third
consecutive term from Gujarat, along with Ex-MLA Mansukh
Mandaviya and Shankar Vegad for three seats from the state.
Jaitely, the Leader of the Opposition in the Upper
House, has been nominated for the third consecutive term from
Mandaviya (40) is former BJP MLA from Palitana
assembly constituency and is presently the chairperson of the
Gujarat Agro-Industries Corporation.
He is also the member of the state BJP executive
committee and in-charge of party`s Rajkot district unit.
Vegad is the vice president of the Surendranagar
district BJP unit and belongs to the koli community.
He has also been the member of the Surendranagar
Municipality for 20 years and has served as the vice president
of the same for five years.
All the three members are likely to file their
nomination papers in Gandhinagar tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH