Jaitely nominated for third term for RS from Guj
Ahmedabad: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitely
has been nominated for the Rajya Sabha for the third
consecutive term from Gujarat, along with Ex-MLA Mansukh
Mandaviya and Shankar Vegad for three seats from the state.
Jaitely, the Leader of the Opposition in the Upper
House, has been nominated for the third consecutive term from
Mandaviya (40) is former BJP MLA from Palitana
assembly constituency and is presently the chairperson of the
Gujarat Agro-Industries Corporation.
He is also the member of the state BJP executive
committee and in-charge of party`s Rajkot district unit.
Vegad is the vice president of the Surendranagar
district BJP unit and belongs to the koli community.
He has also been the member of the Surendranagar
Municipality for 20 years and has served as the vice president
of the same for five years.
All the three members are likely to file their
nomination papers in Gandhinagar tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi